The 5 Most Common Causes Of Conflict For A Manager
Keep a continual look-out for the Big 5 causes of conflict in any workplace and be prepared to deal with the consequences!
- The Individual: attitudes, personality characteristics/particular needs or stress levels
- Personal friendships: relationships and romance in the workplace, potential conflict between the informal and formal organisation
- The Group: group skills, team roles, patterns of interaction and group norms
- The Organisation: communication lines, authority structure, leadership style and managerial behaviour
- The Age Gap: relationships between older employees and younger managers where there is a clash between experience on the one side and power on the other
Keep vigilant and deal with any such conflicts as and when they present themselves.
For more details about our services visit the website www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk