How To Win Your Argument Every Time
We all need to convince others about our ideas and to persuade the doubters that our way is the right way.
The problem is, though, how to make this work in practical terms!
Using the following PROVE framework will help you to achieve this:
- Proposition: state your position or proposal in a concise and clear manner.
- Reason: give concrete reasons based on the values of the listener why the idea will work (this should be no more than three points!).
- Other View: give the counter-argument to what you are proposing to show that you have considered a range of alternatives and options.
- Verify: give examples of where your approach has worked, successes and benefits to prove this is a good idea.
- Summarise: summarise your reasoning and restate your position.
For more details of our services visit the website www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk