5 Personal Success Principles For Managers Everywhere
However daunting your job role and targets might be, take a leaf from successful managers and follow the 5 Personal Success Principles below:
- Forget the mistakes you have made but learn the lesson. There has never been a successful manager, at any level in any organisation, that has never made a mistake. Ever.
- Success is not final, and failure is not fatal. Big innovations, seismic shifts in performance and activity are always being developed, often coming from many different attempts at making progress.
- Never do the same as before, be better than that. No manager would surely tolerate a team member who keeps making the same errors or mistakes, so why should your manager tolerate this from you?
- Do not dream about success, work for it. Staring out of the window, gazing into the future will get you nowhere very quickly, but a solid, well-written action plan will get you to where you want to be.
- It is not about being perfect, it is all about effort. Aiming for perfection is great but you will get easier and more achievable goals through focusing your efforts into getting things done.
Follow the Principles thoroughly and review them regularly – print them out and put them on your desk as a constant reminder of where you are going and how you will get there.
For more details about our services visit the website www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk