How To Make Yourself Indispensable
We all want to be in a situation where we are so good at our job, so effective and efficient that we are just too important and essential to the business and therefore are irreplaceable.
Nice thought, but hard to achieve!
The plain fact is that everyone, everywhere is replaceable combined with the uncomfortable reality that those who are not distinctive enough are the first to be heading for the exit door.
Apply the following principles to your own position and performance and see what the outcomes are:
- Unless you find a way to change, grow, stand out from the crowd, and create distinction, why should you stay?
- How good are you at creating customers? Businesses create customers, not employees!
- How good are you at providing distinction for the business, which after all is always trying to deliver distinction in the marketplace? If you are not positively contributing to this, why are you needed?
- Can you be counted on as someone who will do what it takes to get things done and who pitches in?
- Are you contributing to the profits and the all-important bottom-line, rather than being a cost to the business?
- Are you keeping customers happy?
- Can you honestly say that you are earning the maximum amount of salary/benefits that you should be receiving?
- How valuable are you? Do you produce results that are impressive and compelling so that as a minimum you are able to maintain your current position?
- How good are you at solving problems?
- How complex is your role and how important is it to the effective working of the organisation?
Getting yourself into a position where you are indispensable is hard work, but not impossible!
For more details about our services visit the website www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk