How To Overcome Frustrations
Becoming frustrated is an everyday part of life, regardless of this being in the workplace or in any other situation.
How you manage frustration is a key factor in your own success, so having a system that you can fall back upon and use to get out of a potentially negative situation is essential.
Experience shows that the following 6 steps are a great way to achieve this:
- Get a good quality understanding why things are not going well – why are things not going your way?
- Being honest, could your attitude, approach or behaviour be a root cause of the problem?
- Revise and reframe your perspectives by thinking in a different way about the problem or issue – have you missed anything?
- Focus upon the opportunities that are within the problem – does this give you some leverage to make some lasting changes?
- Expand your perceptions and gather relevant and current information that allows you to see the bigger, and wider, picture
- Control your emotions – make sure that you keep control and calm in the face of any difficulties moving forward.
Above all else manage yourself in a calm and professional manner, however difficult the situation.
For more details about our services visit the website www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk