Five Tips For Better Teamwork
We all want the teams that we manage to be effective, efficient and high-performing, but often the reality of life means that this is not the case.
The golden rule of managing a team is that their success is your success BUT their failure is also your failure, so you need to be on top of your game to make sure that you manage this resource carefully and consistently.
Your attention should be on the following:
- Communication should always be open, honest and respectful and, of course a two-way process.
- Your team members should be comfortable taking acceptable risks with their tasks and duties – this of course comes directly from your management style.
- Members of the team should be making high quality decisions together.
- Creativity, innovation and different viewpoints are always expected.
- The team understand the goals set and is committed to achieving them.
All the above points are interconnected but all of them are essential in developing and maintaining a productive and reliable working group.
For more details about our services visit the website www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk