The Business Mantra For Success
Having a fresh, new mindset for Business Success is a way of energising and breathing new life into where you are now, with a new, more productive approach.
Successful people, those around us who we admire and see as role models never fear failure, look positive and seem to ride out problems and crises – they cut down issues to size into something far more manageable and something to be managed!
Try the following Mantra:
- Get organised as quickly as possible – spend quality time making sure that your systems are as lean and efficient as they can be, because successful people are on top of their own systems!
- Always plan your tasks the day before, at the very least, and NEVER on the actual day
- Identify the critical tasks first and deal with them right away – do not dither on things that are not important (even if they look very interesting!)
- Regularly revisit your Goals – things change and your Goals might actually become irrelevant and a weight around your neck. Do successful people chase things that are irrelevant and out of date?
- Get a good night’s sleep – tired people are never successful people
- Always keep your eyes fully open so that you can spot, and then develop/exploit all opportunities. Managers who climb the corporate ladder are skilled at seeing opportunity and are prepared to go out on a limb in championing the next big thing, often against the tide of opinion
- Set mini-targets that are achievable and which will give you a quick “buzz” from completion
- Always be open to any development opportunities – this may not be formal training, it can be specific briefings, meetings and your wider reading. If you think that you know all that you need to know then you are plainly missing something – we should never stop learning!
- Never stop being inquisitive – use the Web to find out what is current in your field of expertise (YouTube is good for this)
- Keep Positive and Open, despite the politics around you
Keep using the Mantra above and keep refining your approach – small improvements over time make big improvements in the long term, which then drives your success.
For more details about our services visit the website www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk