Time Management Traps – You’ve Got This!
Falling into Time Management Traps should be avoided at all times.
Try to avoid the 10 Traps below at all costs!
- If things can go wrong, they will go wrong.
- Things are never as simple as they seem.
- If you keep tampering with things (Reports, Bids, Strategy) it will go wrong and bite you.
- Never try to please everyone – however good you are at working with people, someone will not like what you are trying to do.
- However well you plan, the outcome you get is rarely like the outcome you wanted.
- Whatever you want to do first, there will always be something that needs doing first. Grab the issue by the throat and sort out the first things that really do come first!
- However well you think you have explained something, someone will not have understood you and will not do as you wanted.
- Absolutely nothing is certain until it has actually happened – and then when it has apparently happened, check to see what exactly has happened.
- If things are all going to plan this is a sure sign that something is about to go wrong.
- The only thing predictable about today is that something unpredictable will happen.
Despite our best efforts, no one can ever expect to manage their time perfectly – there are just too many things conspiring to prevent it. There is always more to do and priorities shift outside your control, so you can never really expect to reach the bottom of your ‘to do’ list!
For more details about our services visit the website www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk