Are My Staff Motivated To Achieve?
Engaged employees make positive and worthwhile contributions to the output of the organisation, and those that are disengaged cost that same organisation in terms of lost production, poor quality and disruptive behaviours.
So, how do managers know who is engaged?
A true acid test is if their team members can confidently state the following:
- I know what is expected of me and my work quality.
- I have the resources and training to thrive in my role.
- I have the opportunity to do what I do best – every day.
- I frequently receive recognition, praise and constructive criticism.
- I trust my manager and believe they have my best interests in mind.
- My voice is heard and valued.
- I clearly understand the mission and purpose and how I contribute to each.
- I have opportunities to learn and grow both personally and professionally.
The steps for improving engagement are not complex but are built around the above pointers. To achieve this positive and relevant engagement must be a core function of the manager’s role, all day, every day.
Once this has been established everything else will fall into place.
For more details about our services visit the website www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk