What Makes For A Good Leader?
- Intelligence: sifting through data, making decisions, tracking projects running at the same time and managing many different types of resources.
- Technical intelligence: having functional and technical knowledge and skills so that they can manage difficult issues and make the right decisions.
- Motivation: managers need to be super-motivated, ambitious and wiling to climb the career ladder.
- Experience: building and developing experience and knowledge from different tasks and projects. People rarely get on and develop their career paths without a solid base of experience to draw upon.
- People skills: being good with people, working and communicating with a variety of different audiences, getting things done through others and the ability to inspire and enthuse others.
- Learning ability: seeking out both formal and informal opportunities to develop and widen the base line knowledge of the wider job and a commitment to a process of Lifelong Learning.
For more details of our services visit the website www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk