What Are Agile Principles And How Can I Use Them?
Agile is characterised by the following:
- Customer collaboration: taking active steps to systematically find out, and meet, customer needs
- Changing requirements: continually looking for the next “big thing” in the market and not relying o what you are making/the service you are providing now!
- Cross functional teams for development; flexing up your human resources so that you avoid silo management and have a pool of staff who can respond to change quickly
- Simplicity: make every system as basic as possible which will then allow you to make changes quickly
- Rapid response to change; plan for change and never be surprised that it has arrived
- Continuous attention to great design and technicality: customers expect performance so make sure they get it!
- Face to face conversation: wherever possible communicate in person to bring a sense of closeness and collaboration
Agile is not difficult – if you think it is do not be surprised when your markets disappear and your competitors take over.
For more details about our services visit the website www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk