How To Demotivate Teams And Individuals
The list below is meant to be a humorous piece listing the ways to really upset and demotivate both teams and individuals – the thing is though it is not funny if you are on the receiving end of any of them.
Have a look at the list and then be brutally honest with yourself – are you guilty of any of these sins and if you are what are you now going to do to put things right?
- Never clarify tasks and objectives – keep people guessing
- Treat everyone the same
- Be confrontational
- Make all of the decisions
- Point out faults and consistently tell people they are wrong
- Ask closed questions
- Warn and threaten
- Never build rapport
- Assume everyone is motivated
- Label anyone who disagrees with what you are doing as negative or a trouble-maker
- Label any lapses in a process or a service as failure – we do not want anyone to stop and think about what they are doing!
- Punish those who fail
Avoid them all at all costs!
For more details about our services visit the website.www.davidsummertonconsultng.co.uk