16 Excellent Interview Questions
At the Interview it is critical to make that time the most productive it can be in forming a concrete opinion of the candidates in front of you.
The trick is to ask a series of focused questions that draw out information in a systematic and reliable manner. The following might be some to consider:
- Why did you apply for this particular opening/opportunity and what is the attraction for you of our company?
- Why have you chosen to work in this specific sector?
- What do you know about the company?
- What is your overall career ambition?
- What drives you both personally and professionally?
- What does it need to get your full commitment in the workplace?
- What do you bring to a team? Give me some examples of this.
- How could you make a team successful?
- Explain a recent mistake that you have made and tell me what you were able to learn from this.
- How can you apply what you learned from making that mistake?
- Give me an example of a situation when you have found communicating with someone as being difficult and explain why.
- What are your biggest strengths and what areas you feel you need to develop or to improve in?
- How do you maintain enthusiasm for projects or tasks that are assigned to you?
- How do you monitor your own performance levels?
- Describe a situation where you had to persuade a group to accept a proposal or idea? How did you go about this and what was the result?
- Think about a situation where you had to coordinate the work of others: was this successful and what could you have done to be more effective?
For more details of our services visit the website www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk