How To Identify Skills Gaps In The Team
If the team is not working then you, as a manager, are failing!
Use the pointers below to identify where the weaknesses are and then set about designing, and delivering, a solution!
- Observe people working – direct observation of team members at work in their roles.
- One-to-one and job chats – less formal discussions about current work and tasks may uncover development needs.
- Appraisals and development planning – more formal opportunity to discuss an individual’s development needs.
- Feedback from peers and customers – conversations with stakeholders and relevant others.
- 360-degree feedback – individuals receive feedback from a wide range of people with whom they regularly work.
- Skills and competency matrix – creating a traceable document that records all team members’ skills, competencies etc.
- Coaching and mentoring – team members may discover through increased self-awareness.
For more details of our services visit the website www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk