What Is My Management Style?
What are the key factors that shape you as a manager? What makes you different from your colleagues and other managers that you have previously worked with?
Some of the questions might help you to shape your style and develop your effectiveness over time.
- What are my concerns about the role that I am playing in being a manager?
- What are my strengths and weaknesses in this position? Having identified them what steps am I taking/should I be taking in dealing with what I have uncovered here?
- What are the boundaries and limitations that I am managing when working toward the goals/targets I have been set? Can I get around them or do I have to learn to manage and deliver within them?
- What is my moral standpoint on some of the managerial issues I must deal with on a day-to-day basis?
- What is my Personal Code of Conduct? What specific Values to I set for myself, how do I measure myself against them and what can I do to better meet these challenges?
- What holds me beck from performing to my very best?
- Where do I get my energy from and knowing this can I increase this to help me to perform better?
- What is it that drains my energy and motivation? How can I minimise this?
The more questions that you ask of yourself, and the more honest and objective you are about what you uncover, the more you will be empowered to be a better manager.
For more details about our services visit the website www.davidsummetonconsulting.co.uk