How To Motivate Apathetic Or Disillusioned Staff
Everyone goes through periods of time when motivation dips, performance takes a nose-dive and production suffers. We also see here increased staff sickness and absenteeism.
So, what can you do to get staff motivated again?
- Set some fresh, challenging goals and show your confidence that the staff group/individual can achieve them
- Set out a clear and appealing vision of what success looks like and what this could mean for personal development and progression for the team/individual
- Use rational persuasion and appeal for inspiration to boost output, confidence and motivation
- Lead by example – always!
- Use consultation and delegation to get tasks moving again
- Provide recognition that you know will motivate and increase effort and application
For more information about our services visit the website www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk