How To Develop My Leadership Skills
- Develop a personal and detailed vision of your career objectives: identify key targets and milestones and review/revise these on a regular basis
- Seek out and use appropriate mentors: people who will give you sound advice and practical opportunities to develop and enhance your skills
- Set yourself and/or seek out developmental tasks or assignments: you need to be stretched!
- Use social networks to identify and develop opportunities for your progression
- Become very clear about how you self-monitor your performance: be objective and review systematically what you do and the impact of your actions
- Always seek out ad listen to relevant feedback
- Learn from your mistakes
- Look at problems and issues from a range of different perspectives, never just your own view of the world
- Be sceptical and very suspicious of easy answers to complex problems!
For more information about our services visit the website www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk