How To Monitor Operational Activity Effectively
- Identify and measure the key performance indicators necessary for the task
- Make sure that you monitor the inputs to the activity as well as the outcomes
- Measure progress against both plans and budgets
- Run effective progress review meetings at key stages in the project so that there are no unpleasant surprises
- Observe the tasks and parts of the operation whenever possible
- Always ask questions about as many different parts of the process as possible – the more questions you ask the more likely you are to know exactly what is going on!
- Encourage your staff to report problems and mistakes remembering it is easier to solve a problem while the job is going on than at the end of the process!
- What does the monitoring tell you about learning points for subsequent tasks or projects?
For more information about our services visit the website www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk