How To Be An Agile Manager In 5 Easy Steps
- Use peripheral vision. Make it your business to actively monitor trends and innovations and make sure that once you have done this you positively anticipate what is new and plan to use this.
- Encourage dissent. Always encourage debate and be prepared to have your assumptions and beliefs challenged. There are real dangers in becoming complacent or being unwilling to change course.
- It is important that you and your team try out new activities, even if this requires redirecting resources from existing activities.
- Simplify and flatten. This means pushing decision-making to the front line to enable responsiveness as opportunities arise. Agile companies are typically very flat, with clear lines of accountability and are not afraid to outsource which can allow them to reduce or increase capacity as needed.
- Act quickly. Whilst it can be a very sensible strategy to wait it is also very true that when an opportunity arrives, you should act quickly and decisively.
For more details about our services visit the website www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk