How To REALLY Motivate Staff Quickly And Effectively
- Involve your member of staff actively and openly in setting their goals and targets.
- Set realistic goals – it is good if these are stretching but they must be realistic!
- Meet and reset goals when conditions beyond everyone’s control change or when they prove to be unachievable due to unrealistic assumptions.
- Set goals that can always be measured in tangible ways such as with a financial value or a measureable output volume.
- Link the goal setting process to these targets.
- Make sure that there is regular feedback on performance so that the targets can be checked or amended as necessary – never wait until the end of the year or reporting period to find out that the targets will not be met!
- If there are shortfalls in the target make sure that you recognise this and meet regularly to establish the best course of action needed.
- Give positive feedback and suggestions around meeting any shortfalls.
- Always give public praise for goals being achieved!
For more details about our services visit the website www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk