How To Design Sales and Marketing Territories
- Select the broad geographical area that you want to develop: this will be a large section of the business landscape that you want to exploit and grow e.g. Northern England, the West Coast of the USA.
- Systematically analyse the number and size of the different accounts within that area that will be the targets for your approach.
- Identify and allocate a Salesperson allocation system: this will plot relative workloads and travel needed to service and develop these accounts.
- From the above analysis draw up realistic and reasonable sales areas/territories combining groups of potential customers into practical combinations.
- Assign your sales professionals to the different geographical areas and ask them to respect the geographical boundaries that you have drawn up.
For more details of our services visit the website www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk