Effective Decision-Making Skills For Sales and Marketing Managers
- Eye for detail: fully understand as much of the detail as possible so that you can answer questions and close Objections quickly and effectively.
- Risk aversion: being prepared to take some risks and push your approach/strategy to make an in-road into the prospect’s buying process.
- Customer and market knowledge: ALWAYS know the prospect, their company and their marketplace positioning.
- Experience: learn from your interactions when it is right to push, when it is right to give the prospect more time and, very importantly, when it is time to walk away.
- Communication: be very polished at this skill, recognizing your own positioning but also the verbal and non-verbal responses from the other party.
- Analytical: assess and measure what is going on right now but also have an eye for the detail about the history of dealings with each prospect/company that you meet.
- Adaptability: never stick to one method, even if this is reasonably successful. Good sales professionals have a range of strategies that they are continually developing and fine-tuning to get maximum leverage and results.
For more details of our services visit the website www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk