What Does A Successful Manager Look Like?
Managers and Leaders who achieve consistently results follow these patterns:
- They define themselves precisely what they want to do.
- They set demanding but not unrealistic time scales in which to do it.
- They convey clearly what they want done and by when.
- They are prepared to discuss how things should be done and will listen to and take advice. But once the course of action has been agreed they will stick to it unless events dictate a change of direction.
- They are single-minded about getting where they want to go, showing perseverance and determination in the face of adversity.
- They demand high performance from themselves and are somewhat callous in expecting equally high performance from everyone else.
- They work hard and work well under pressure; in fact it brings out the best in them.
- They tend to be dissatisfied with the status quo.
- They are never completely satisfied with their own performance and continually question themselves.
- They will take calculated risks.
- They snap out of setbacks without being personally shattered and quickly re-group their forces and their ideas.
- They work out how to do things better next time.
- They are enthusiastic about the task and convey their enthusiasm to others.
- They are decisive in the sense that they are able quickly to sum up situations, define alternative courses of action, determine the preferred course and convey to their subordinates what needs to be done.
- They continually monitor their own and their subordinate’s performance so that any deviation can be corrected in good time.
- Continually prepare for staff moving on to bigger and better jobs
For more details about our services visit the website http://www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk