How To Prepare For An Excellent Interview
The Interview is a very important part of getting that dream job!
The good news is that you can tip the balance in your favour by some basic preparation and by following the simple pointers below:
- Research the interviewer: once you know who they are do some basic research on them before you meet them in person. Use LinkedIn to gain a good insight into their background before you actually meet in person.
- Research the company: there are many different resources available including the company website (remembering that this content will be very biased!), LinkedIn, Forums, YouTube and a variety of different social media.
- Learn and know your own CV/Application: know this in detail, back to front and upside down as this will form the basis of any questions they ask you!
- Research the job: make sure you fully understand the job and what it involves. It is no use complaining when you get the job that it was not what you wanted or expected.
- Plan your journey: aim to arrive at least 10 minutes early.
- Plan your outfit: this should be professional business attire.
- Make sure that you know what type of interview you will be having. Is it for example Formal, Informal, will it involve a Presentation, is it a 1:1 Interview or a Panel Interview? The more you know the better your preparation will be!
- Make sure that you have some questions to ask at the end of the process. It is unlikely that all of your questions have been answered but have at least one question to ask. If this is a problem have a good, general question ready such as What are the main challenges facing the company over the next 5 years?”
Good preparation is the only way to get your job!
For more details of our services visit the website www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk