Getting Maximum Efficiency – How To Sequence Your Tasks
Time is money, time is precious and there is never enough of it!
To get the maximum from your working day, week or even morning and afternoon time-slots ask yourself the following questions:
- What needs to be done urgently? This can include minor tasks that need to be completed imminently.
- What needs to be done so that other people can get on with their individual jobs?
- What needs to be done when it is convenient to do so or within a non-urgent timeframe?
- What cannot be done until others have completed their part of the process? (You might need to be prepared to follow-up on such tasks so that you are not suddenly put under pressure through late running of the tasks or being given your work to do at short notice).
- What is just information received that actually requires no action from you?
- What issues can simply be ignored?
A logical and step-by-step procedure as above will allow you to sequence and prioritise effectively.
For more details about our services visit the website www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk