How To Write Reflectively
Think about the following pointers when you have to write a piece of reflective writing:
- What did I already know before the experience or issue?
- What did I learn from the experience?
- How did I act in that situation?
- Did I act in the correct manner?
- Did I act in a way that others might have done?
- How would I do things differently?
- What learning points are there for me?
- How do the learning points connect to other areas of my job/the subject matter/wider knowledge and development?
- What surprised me about the event?
- How was the event similar or different to my previous experiences?
- Who and what helped me at the time?
- What can I do better since this event?
- Are there any other questions that arise from this event?
- How and where ca I use my new knowledge and experience?
For more details about our services visit the website www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk