How To Be An Outstanding Manager
- Care about what it is that you do! Really care or do something else!
- Listen to everyone around you and take note of what they are saying.
- Understand and make sure that your working practices create happy staff because happy staff are productive staff
- Be easy to talk to, always and forever
- Open to criticism and be accepting of ideas from your staff/subordinates
- Caring about your staff
- Energetic, patient and with a positive outlook (even if times are hard!)
- Training staff to replace you
- Provided clear and accurate advice and guidance to those who need it
- Uses knowledge wisely and in a caring and supportive manner
- Encourages staff to make mistakes if this is part of a learning curve
- Promotes and delivers an “Open Door” policy and approach
There will be more that you pick up along the way – but the above is a good starting point!
For more details about our services visit the website www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk