Destructive Personality Types In The Workplace
Be aware of the following colleagues and plan your approaches accordingly.
Be cautious – they are all out there, somewhere!
- Autocrat: tries to dominate or constantly interrupt other members of the team.
- Show Off: talks all the time and thinks they know all the answers.
- Butterfly: keeps changing the topic before others are ready.
- Aggressor: doesn’t show respect to others, comments negatively about them.
- Avoider: refuses to focus on the task or on group relationship problems.
- Critic: always sees the negative side to any argument, but never suggests alternatives. Puts down the ideas of others.
- Help seeker: looks for sympathy from others: victim
- Self-confessor: uses the group as a forum for inappropriate talk about self.
- Clown: shows no involvement in the group and engages in distracting conversation
Spot them and take appropriate action!
For more details of our services visit the website www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk