How To Survive The First 100 Days In a New Job
- Make sure that the Induction you receive is as full as possible. Ask lots of questions.
- Get to know the Team.
- Identify what it will take for you to be a success and how your team will contribute to this if you are a Manager.
- Get to know your Boss. Find out what they consider to be very important, important and irrelevant.
- Make sure you know the criteria against which your performance will be measured. What are the rules and measures of success here?
- Work out what the culture is within your area/company. What are the unwritten rules/norms/approaches NOT covered at Induction?
- Really get to know what the organisation is all about. This is not just its products or services but includes how your role fits into the process and why you have been employed!
- Carefully prepare and then deliver on your chosen interpersonal/management style, remembering this has to be YOU and not some creation which will then be very hard to continue with!
- Set out carefully and methodically what your own personal development plan will be (recognising that this may well be different to that the organisation sets out for you!).
For more details of our services visit the website www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk