- Do your homework: minimise the risk of being hit hard by anticipating the sorts of questions and issues that you will be faced with.
- Get your thoughts together and use time wisely: being given a tricky question is best dealt with by asking for the question to be repeated.
- Never make a statement or raise a point that you cannot then justify or prove: very risky, possible to get away with this occasionally but not as a regular strategy.
- Get your questions in too: make these open and evaluative which then gives you time to ask more questions and clarify your responses.
- Fess up! If you don’t know something, and it’s not worth the gamble, say you don’t know!
- Never panic: breathe slowly and carefully combined with speaking slowly BUT once you have made your point, be quiet!
For more information about our services visit our website www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk