- Pitch only for work or business that is right for you and your company – far better to wait patiently for the right pitch than to end up with work or business that you cannot really do well.
- Get as much information as possible about the problem or issue that the client is facing and what they want solved. Ask insiders if you can because the more you know the better your chances.
- Get as much help as you can – get someone who is an expert in the field to proof your approach and make suggestions as to how to improve it.
- Rehearse, rehearse and rehearse. Make sure that you set out a smooth delivery as fumbling and losing the thread of the pitch will only result in you NOT getting the work!
- Use your visual material with care – too many visuals leaves the client snow-blind and unable to remember your message. Here less is most definitely more!
For more information about our services visit our website www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk