- Get proactive: assemble a team of specialists and key players from across the business to identify critical business processes and challenges that could impact on the achievement of objectives and targets
- Integrate business contingency planning into the wider management strategy: understand likely threats and put processes into place to reduce them
- Test out your crisis plans on a regular and systematic basis: many organisations have such plans but never run them to check for reliability and relevance!
- Make sure that some media contribution sits within your plans: reputational damage is a very serious issue for many organisations but can be controlled by at least considering how the media will be used in the case of a crisis occurring
- Ensure your key suppliers also have a crisis plan in place: their crisis can quickly become your crisis if required raw materials or services suddenly fail to arrive!
For more information about our services visit our website www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk