What Should An Effective Team or Group Look Like?
- All group members work toward the building of a “learning team.” This becomes the “shared vision.” A learning team constantly works to have good group process which they believe leads to maximised learning for each and every group member.
- Everyone feels and takes responsibility for the group’s success.
- The group sees a relationship between their work and rewards.
- The group knows and uses good group process behaviours. This includes the following;
- Learning, developing and practicing specific roles.
- Learning to deal with conflict and developing quality and reliable communication skills
- Asking for clarification instead of letting discussion go on.
- Not pre-judging each other.
- Valuing individual differences in the team or group.
- There is a focus on both content and group process with the team staying focused and operating systematically.
- They work for collaboration and develop strong interpersonal relationships.
- They openly discuss their disagreements and different points of view knowing there is a “safe” atmosphere in which to do this.
- They sense when things are not going well and make efforts to self-correct.
For more information on our services please contact us at www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk