Skill Spotlight – Reflective Analysis
Listed below are a number of prompt questions that will help you to think about reflection and decide what your next approach to the subject/issue might be.
- What did I already know before the experience?
- What did I learn from the experience?
- How did I act in the situation?
- Did my actions reflect what IO already knew about the situation?
- How would I do things differently now?
- What connections can I make from the situation I am reviewing to other aspects of my job/role/performance indicators?
- What is the best way for me to Move forward from this situation/experience?
- What surprised me about being involved in the event under review?
- Does my experience mirror what actually happened? How was this similar/different and why do I think that this is the case?
- Who and what helped me at the time?
- What can I learn from this about working with others/decision making/information management/personal motivation?
- What can I do better since this event?
- What other questions does this pose?
- How and where might I use my new knowledge and experience?
- Can I use this new knowledge and experience for the benefit of others?