How To Make First Impressions Count Every Time
The key to success in making and securing a good positive impression, which you can then work on to develop hopefully a long-term relationship (whether social or business) lie below.
Consider the following actions, practice and polish them for maximum impact;
- Shaking hands firmly (in cultures where this is acceptable).
- Looking people in the eye.
- Holding your head up and maintaining good posture.
- Asking open-ended questions.
- Being sincere.
- Facing the other person instead of looking at your computer screen or mobile device.
These basic tools are the foundation of great communication, and it is hard to establish good rapport without them.