How Leaders Practice And Deliver Excellent Communication
Consider the following pointers and see how your skills reflect this list of “must-have” leadership communication traits. Revisit them regularly and to refine and adapt how they work for YOU!
- Develop yourself as a clear and rapid thinker – cut out the rubbish, get to the heart of the problem or issue.
- Become an attentive listener.
- Make sure that you can express yourself clearly and succinctly.
- Where you see views expressed badly or unclearly be prepared to dive in and seek out clarity
- Ensure that you come across as impartial and impersonal – never play your hand for all to see.
- Become skilled at spotting and then preventing inappropriate interruptions.
- Be patient, tolerant and kind in your approaches – this will pay dividends later on.
- Be friendly by all means but maintain an air of briskness and be business-like at all times.
For more information on our services please contact us at www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk