The Nine Characteristics Of A Successful Team
- A belief in shared aims – people united and pushing for one goal.
- A sense of commitment – full participation from all to get the job done to the right standard at the right time.
- Acceptance of group norms – making sure that groups rules and procedures are honored by all members of the team.
- A feeling of mutual respect – whilst there may be differences in the characteristics of individual members this does not get in the way of achieving what has been set for the combined group.
- Full participation – nobody sitting to one side and letting others do all of the work.
- Free flow of information – data, information and most importantly knowledge are shared freely and easily among the group.
- Open expression of feelings – allowing those who want to say what their feelings and opinions are in such a way that others respect this, listen to what is said and collectively act upon it.
- Resolution of conflict – where there are disagreements and differences of opinion they are discussed and an appropriate solution is implemented, supported by the entire group.
- Lower level of staff turnover – the true Acid Test! Successful and productive teams and groups generally have a lower level of staff turnover as staff enjoy their task and gain support and encouragement from their peers.
For more information on our services please contact us at www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk