Top Tips For Leading A Meeting
People who are skilled at running meetings have normally fine-tuned their skills over a period of time to ensure that the group perform and that there are results coming from the event.
Whilst there may be a range of different people who run meetings they all have a similar skillset when it comes to managing the assembled multitudes – using their experience and knowledge might be useful when running yours.
The top skills are as follows;
- Be a clear and skilled thinker
- Be an active listener
- Be able to express yourself clearly and succinctly
- Be ready to clarify views badly expressed
- Be impartial and impersonal
- Prevent inappropriate interventions
- Be patient and tolerant (up to a point!)
- Be friendly but brisk and professional
For more information on our services please contact us at www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk