Making The Right Decision
We are all called upon to make decisions with very little time to consider what exactly is required and what we are looking for in terms of a satisfactory outcome.
It is no use complaining and hesitating; if you have to decide quickly, for whatever reason, perhaps consider the following brief model and go for it!
- Define and clarify the issue – do you actually have to make a decision anyway? If so, now? Is the matter urgent, important or both.
- Get all of the facts and understand their causes.
- Think about all possible options and solutions, however obtuse or seemingly implausible.
- Consider and compare the ‘pros and cons’ of each option – weigh each one up, write this down and stand back and consider.
- Select the best option – avoid vagueness and weak compromises in trying to please everyone. If it is right, it is right.
- Explain your decision to those involved and affected, and follow up to ensure proper and effective implementation.
For more details of our services contact us at http://www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk