Using A Reflective Diary Sheet
When looking at the day just gone or in evaluating how a project rolled out a good managerial approach is to examine performance in a cold and professional manner rather than just shrugging your shoulders and hoping for the best next time.
Perhaps using the framework below might be a good starting point.
- What am I evaluating? (Keep this brief – what was the title or subject matter?)
- What is important about this?
- How did this happen? What are the most important elements?
- Where else might this happen?
- What areas am I seeking to shift or prevent recurring?
- What would I need to know or believe differently to be able to achieve this?
- What would success look like?
For more details of our work contact us at http://www.davidsummertonconsulting.co.uk